twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ouch!! :( Help!!?

Something bit me just a few days ago. My entire foot became swollen and red that I can barely walk. It's not a mosquitoe, bee, or bed bug. I visited the hospital and the gave me antibiotics and a few shots. It did not help though. I visited the doctor again and he said it'll go away by itself after a couple of days. A couple of days went by. Its still swollen and looks like shrek's foot only in red. What should I do? What do you think bit me? Is the doctor stupid or something?
Answer:
I would go back to the doctor. You may be developing a cellulitis(infection) in the foot. Or it could be that you were bitten by some type of spider. If it has been a few days and it isn't getting better, it is definitely time to get it rechecked. Tenderness, redness and swelling can all be signs of infection. Cellulitis can be treated with IV antibiotics rather easily. Go get it rechecked--you'll feel better with another opinion. Good luck!
Sounds like a spider bite. I'd go back to the doctor and have them take another look. If he tells you to wait it out even longer, I'd go to a different doc that same day.
I'd see a different doctor if I were you. Feel better!
The doctor cant do much for you. You must be allergic to the chemical that came from whatever stung or bit you. He has done most of what he can, with the antibiotics, and so on. Did he give you antihistamines? They will help it go down. Other than that, keep if cold and moving, and it should go down.

No, the doctor is not stupid. You try going what they have gone through to be where they are now, passing all the tests, and tell me he's stupid.

Ashley
It's impossible to know what is going on with your foot. Suffice it to say that certain types of venom can cause a prolonged inflammatory and neurologic reaction--without knowing what or if anything bit you, it is impossible to know for how long or if there is a specific antivenin.

Typically, antibiotics will do nothing except help keep the development of a subsequent infection, which you may be at risk for. On the other hand, if it works, you won't see any difference at all.

This all assumes your doctor hasn't missed something obvious. If you know your doctor well enough to trust him, follow his advice. If you don't know him well enough, or know him well enough to doubt him, consider getting a second opinion. This is ALWAYS sound advice, and most competent doctors welcome and are not offended or hurt by second opinions.

As always, discuss these and any questions with your doctor.
you should go to a different doctor,he should have gave you a cortisol shot or something....
Go to another doctor. It could have been anything, and you don't want to get gangrene and have your foot fall off do you?
My advice is to see an other doctor for a second opinion. You can't stay like this !
hey cuz, feel better i have no idea who bit u but it sounds bad!! maybe try a different dr!
love u knoe who
You should get something all natural(made out of organic things) or visit a homeopathic doctor.. which helps a lot! I always go there because regular doctors don't know nothing. They give medicine which make me more sick. For more help you know where to email me!
hey its ur fav cuz well u noe wat u shld do try rubbing alcohol on it n the swelling will start to get smaller as time goes by i hope u get better cuz hope this helps n maybe u shld go to another doctor to see wat he will say gtg ttyl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net