twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Multiple degree programs (i.e. MD/JD, MD/Ph.D, MD/MA, MD/MPH, etc) harder to get in than regular MD?

Harder or easier in general?
Answer:
Medical scientist training programs (MSTP) where both your MD/PhD is paid are extremely competitive and you need to have some great research experience and possibly a published paper (more the better) along with the superior qualifications to enter med school. There is usually very few of these position usual a handful if not less per school.


For non-MSTP Ph.D. programs which I'm doing since my school didn't have the MSTP...for me it was get into the MD program and then apply to the Ph.D. program. All my grad classes are paid for and I get a decent stipend. But I foot the bill for my med classes but I'm using money from my grants to pay for most of it.

For the other degrees, the hardest part is getting into med school and then it's quite easy usual filling out an application getting into the other degree like MPH, MBA, MS or JD. Most times you don't need to take any exam like the GRE, GMAT or LSAT. Generally speaking there is no tuition coverage so you have to pay for it all.

So to answer your question, easier no, equally hard or harder in case of the MSTP.
MD/PhD - definitely harder. Others - at least equally as hard, but probably harder just like any special programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net