twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

MRI results: there is a central disk bulge with evidence of bilateral neural foraminal enchrochment?

I have lose of feeling in my feet and legs. I also lose the feeling in my legs and hands. When it first happened I was unable to go to the bathroom for 8 days. When I walk you can hear my spine rubbing, it actually pops out loud. I am in constant pain and don't sleep for sometimes 10 days. I can barely walk and have got to the point where I have to walk hunched over. I also have diskogenic degenerative disease. This is at the L4-5. At times my whole rear end has no feelings. I can't stand for very long, can't sit for very long. It takes me anywhere from 3 hours to 1 hours to walk 2 blocks to the store to get food. One doctor said I also have sponulitis. My only treatment in 8 months has been pain pills. My work comp case was denied as fast as they could go. My work comp doctor says there is nothing wrong with me. I am being forced to return to work like this... my work says there is nothing wrong with me. That I am perfectly fine. I am wanting surgery to fix this
Answer:
You've only published a small part of the report, and the part you posted isn't very useful. The central disk bulge does suggest spondylitis, which is basically a synonymn for the degenerative disease, but if you take a bunch of people at random off the street, half of them will have bulging discs on MRI, and no back pain or neurologic symptoms at all. Don't focus on this, as it will never do you any good. It would be nice to see what follows the "evidence of bilateral neural foraminal encroachment," since that means some of the disc material is headed in the direction of the nerve roots where it could cause your symptoms, but it doesn't say it's gotten there. If they haven't found anything to cut, I don't see why you'd want to be cut. A knife is not ordinarily at the top of the list when you think about pain relievers. Also, the pain has nothing to do with function, so try to keep the two separate when you're talking about disability. On the other hand, with all those neurologic symptoms, you probably should get copies of your records and pictures, and get another opinion.
not sure what your question is, but, you can get a copy of your medical records (copy of your MRI) and a second opinion. So go for it, obviously you were left in severe pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net