twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Please if any one can help me please answer unexplained massive weight gain - medications ???

I have many health issuses ranging from Chronic pain , caused bry a car accident 6 years ago, for which I take Morphine daily - through to being a type 2 Diabetic (due to being morbidly obese) - before the accident I weighed 71 kg, after the accident my weight at my heaviest was 147kg, I had my gallbladder and my Myrena IUD removed and lost 63kg in under 4 months, I've since had another Myrena IUD inserted and have gained over 24kg, my sugar levels are really high with readings between 26.4 - 9.3, I have NO appertite, my Dr won't believe me that I'm NOT OVER EATING ! I've even had my husband try to explaine to our Dr that I don't eat, due to my pain issues I am some what restricted with excerise, but I do walk each day for 45 minutes - which now gives me chest pain, On top of all this I am going through a very early change of life, my blood pressure rises with pain, I'm only 35 years old, if I don't lose a lot of weight, I'm at risk of 1 in 4 chances of having a stroke or heart attack.
Answer:
You are type II diabetic. That means if you lose weight your body will quite likely restore the blood glucose level to normal by itself. The only option you should take is to exercise regularly. Dont do dieting because since your body is in a position of recovering from all the obstacles, dieting will eradicate this from happening. Your body never gives up. It will do anything it can to do its best as long as energy is provided. So do eat, but dont eat too much. Believe it or not eating too much carbohydrates makes you heavier than just consuming fats or proteins. However eat only small amounts of carbohydrates and lipids but take proteins in a slightly large amount for repairing. Eating an egg every 2 weeks will be good and eating fish at least 2 times every week will rapidly increase your ability of your body to heal. Also exercise for more then 45 minutes. Start by walking and then progress. If you walk or cover the same distance every day for the same time your body will not progress, so progress your exercise routine atleast every week. From this your body will have the potential to meet simple demands. Also going for a walk atleast 3 times every day will be a good start.

These are some important tips:
Never sleep when your are bloated.
Sleep regularly.
dont exercise after you eat.
and drink lots of water


hope it helps and good luck in it..
it should make you lose with not gain it, and if your type 2 dieabetes is what you have the insulin should help you not gain weight as well, so it could make you gain some weight but not a lot of weight with the meds your on.
best thing is to ask your docotr if thats what is making you gain the weight.
I can really sympathize with you, because I was on alot of meds and gained alot of weight. I went from 140 lbs to 246lbs in less than a year. I didn't think I was eating much either and my family also didn't think I was. Some times it is what we eat, or the picking that we do without realizing it. Anyways, I had weight loss surgery and have lost all the weight and I feel wonderful. I had the lap band because it is reversable and it is not major surgery. My friend who was also over weight had the gastric bypass because she also had type 2 diabetes, and with the bypass most people's diabetes go away within a couple of days after surgery. Something about the way your body processes the sugar after surgery. She had her surgery march 7th of this year and has already lost 67 lbs. Her sugar is normal and she looks and feels great.I'm not advocating for you to have one of the two types of weight loss surgeries, but it really is something that is worth looking into.there are a couple of web sites you can look at to check out both types of surgeries, interact with people who have had them and view before and after pics.
www.lapbandtalk.com
and for the gastric bypass www.obesityhelp.com
I sincerely hope this information helps you. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net