twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Peoples who are pretty good in anatomy please click here?

ok how do you read anatomy im out of hs and over the summer vacation i wanna do self study about anatomy so please tell me some tips to understand anatomy!
thanks
Answer:
the book, not the TV show, Gray's Anatomy is a great reference...
Go to the local library and look for a book on Anatomy, then make flashcards and quiz yourself every day. You can go to the internet and print off blank anatomy sheets. Then you can label the bones, arteries, and so on.
Anatomy is hard, especially for beginners. Here's my trick. First, I'd be curious, like how does the heart pumps blood? Then I would look it up. Internet is fine but I like Netter's Atlas of human anatomy. If I don't understand it, I would look for a simpler explanation. Brainy friends work. Or I could look into it's function so I could associate a part to it's function and having more details about a single part makes it easier to understand and memorize. Mnemonics work too. Good luck.
Like other people have said, take out (or buy) some books. Books are very good, but to be honest they will only get you so far. What you really need to do is to do some dissection - however, that might be a problem!

So, get some books. Read through them, starting with something interesting (yes, like the person above said, the heart is interesting and relatively easy to learn). Draw some of your own diagrams (LOTS of diagrams) from all different angles and views. Look at your self, draw things on your self with washable ink (ie, as it is human anatomy [I assume] you are learning, draw the muscles found in your legs and arms - ON you legs and arms, on the skin. Where is the common digital extensor of the arm? What about gastrocnemius in the leg? Or the deep digital flexor of both arms and legs?). Picturing it on your self really helps (even though I am a vet student, it helps me too!).

Try playing around, squishing and poking your self. Feel where muscles are attached, what they do etc. For example, get your arm now, and dangle it below your chair, all floppy and loosr, and squeeze it with your other hand, around 2/3 of the way down AFTER your elbow. See what happens to your fingers? Why is this? What muscle are you, effectively, contracting?

Also, I would see if you could get hold of some of those videos done by that Dutch person - he chopped people up on TV. That was good.

Lastly, see if you can get your self some work experience in a vets, or better still, a hospital. Vets do lots of surgery, all the time, and you will be able to learn a lot from watching that (although it is different, it is similar enough). If you did get to watch some surgery in a hospital, that would be even better. I doubt you will though.

Well, hope that helps, email me any q's

Ashley
There is a study guide called "The Anatomy Coloring Book" which makes a very difficult subject quite easy. I know it's available at Barnes and Noble, but you could probably find it on amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net